The Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE) recruits qualified grant readers to serve on a Peer Review team for the 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) competitive grant applications, The next Call for Peer Reviewers will be announced in Spring 2017.
The 21st CCLC program supports the creation of community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours.
Designed as a supplementary program to enhance state or local reform efforts, this program assists students in meeting academic standards in core subjects (math, reading, science, social studies) by providing expanded learning opportunities to students and their families.
- Targets high-poverty, low-performing schools;
- Implements highly effective research-based programs to address academic needs; and
- Provides academic assistance along with enrichment opportunities to help prepare students graduate to be college, career, and citizen ready.
Qualified applicants will possess one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of the impact that expanded learning opportunities have on improving the academic achievement of students
- Experience in an education-related field
- Experience working with a variety of community members to forge meaningful partnerships that foster commitment to improving the lives of our youth and their families
- Previous experience/expertise as a grant reader and/or grant recipient
Reviewers will be required to:
- Read and score their assigned applications through a web-based system. Access to a computer with internet access will be required.
- Participate in a training webinar.
- Review approximately 5 – 7 grant applications.
- Complete a scoring rubric with comprehensive comments for each grant application reviewed.
- Submit final scores and comments by the deadline.
- Peer reviewers will be compensated for their services.
Apply to be a Peer Reviewer:
All potential reviewers must submit an application. To access the application, click here.
Visit the Peer Reviewer FAQs for more information.