WAVE access via Single Sign-On
(Username and Password Required)
School Districts Submit 22 Types of Data to the Wave:
For a more detailed list, see the 2.X Wave Requirements
- Address: This element occurs within objects and elements such as StudentPersonal.
- Attendance Code Info: This object provides information about a particular attendance code, allows applications to synchronize each other’s attendance code tables, or provides a dynamic list of attendance codes.
- Calendar Date: This object defines information related to a school calendar day in a given school calendar year.
- Calendar Summary: This object provides a summary of a school’s calendar information for a given school year.
- Demographics: This object is used to provide demographic information for the StudentPersonal object.
- Discipline Incident: This object provides information on incidents involving violence, weapons, drugs, and other safety and discipline issues.
- LEA Info: This object is used to provide information about the Local Educational Agency (LEA.).
- Room Info: This object may contain a reference to a room type so that it may represent anything from a gym, cafeteria, to a standard classroom.
- School Course Info: This object is for course information.
- School Info: This object is used to generate the required GUID for the school.
- Section Info: This object provides information about the section – the specific time period a session of the course meets
- Staff Assignment: This object defines information related to a staff member's assignment(s); commonly, this will be a school assignment.
- Staff Personal: This object contains all the personal information relating to a staff member who might be a teacher or other employee of the school or district.
- Student Academic Record: This object conveys a student’s academic record data for student record exchange and transcript purposes.
- Student Attendance Summary: This object provides a summary of a student’s daily attendance and membership information for a given school.
- Student Contact: This object is used to create the student contact information. It is also used to update the student contact information during data collection.
- Student Daily Attendance: This object provides daily attendance information for a particular student in a particular school on a particular date.
- Student Personal: This object is used to assign a Student Testing Number (STN).
- Student School Enrollment: This object is used to assign ownership of the student record during the Student Testing Number (STN) assignment process.
- Student Section Enrollment: This object contains information about a student’s enrollment in a section of a course.
- Student Section Marks: This object contains the marks entered for a student in a class section for a specific marking period.
- Term Info: This object provides information about a term.
Wave Data Requirements
2.X Wave Requirements (Version 1.8) PDF | DOC
This document provides information necessary for the collection of required student demographic, enrollment, teacher and course data within the Wave. This requirements document is for SIS vendors to use in mapping the elements necessary for data collection. Oklahoma school district personnel must ensure their vendor is provided this documentation and is able to meet the defined data submission requirements.
2015 Fall Wave Trainings
2014 Fall Wave Trainings
Fall 2014 Wave Training Presentation PPT | PDF
WAVE 101 Training Videos
WAVE 101 Course 1 from OSDE on Vimeo.
WAVE 101 Course 2 from OSDE on Vimeo.
WAVE 101 Course 3 from OSDE on Vimeo.
WAVE 101 Course 4 from OSDE on Vimeo.
WAVE 101 Course 5 from OSDE on Vimeo.