E-Rate and OUSF

E-Rate Program

The E-Rate program lowers the costs of Internet access, telecommunications, and network data services for all schools and libraries.

The amount of your E-rate reimbursement is based, in part, on the free and reduced lunch program data you report. If you need a copy of the Child Nutrition Low Income Report, please file an open records request using the online Open Records Act Request Form. (If you do not see a Submit by E-mail button when filling out the form , use a different browser.)  For E-Rate purposes, virtual students were reported as a separate line item. Fulltime off-site virtual students are not included in the National School Lunch Program numbers for your district, since they are not afforded the opportunity to participate.

Schools and Libraries Division of the Universal Services Administrative Company.

SPIN Number & NCES Code

  • Use the SLD search engine to find the SPIN number (Service Provider Information Number).
  • Use the NCES search engine to find the NCES (National Center for Educational Statistics) code for your school.

E-Rate Helpdesk Support

The Office of Management and Enterprise Services through their OpenRange project now has a contract with a firm to provide E-Rate training and E-Rate help desk support for Oklahoma Schools and Libraries. Please visit the OpenRange E-rate page for more information.

Annual Trainings

The Oklahoma State Department of Education, the Oklahoma Corporation Commission Public Utility Division and the Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) offer free E-Rate and Oklahoma Universal Service Fund (OUSF) training for schools and libraries.

These trainings take place twice a year around February and September. 

The training will include discussion on the following topics:

  • Oklahoma Connect & Learn Initiative: Update on the tools and resources available to districts and libraries
  • Open Range Update: Review of statewide contracts
  • OUSF Update: Common pitfalls and errors, requesting preapproval, requesting funding, changing funding and common issues during funding review
  • E-Rate Update: Completion of the bidding process in making a selection for cost effectiveness, filing the FCC Form 471 with service detail, responding to PIA requests, document retention and knowing when to file various FCC forms required to retain funding

This training is for all schools and libraries. Even if you use a consultant, you are encouraged to attend so you will know why your consultant is asking for certain information.

Register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScIKR7V_e7VUm33omppNbK1McXeXbLj-iDZ991FGIhc8_cHTg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Dates and Locations:

Wednesday, February 20th, 8:30-12:30
Kiamichi Technology Center
Multipurpose East Side Room
301 Kiamichi Drive
McAlester, OK 74501

Friday, February 22nd, 8:30am-12:30pm
Northwest Technology Center
Seminar Room (near south entrance)
801 Vo-Tech Drive
Fairview, OK 73737

Tuesday, February 26th, 8:30am-12:30pm
Great Plains Technology Center 
Building 600, room 656
4500 W. Lee Blvd 
Lawton, OK 73505

Friday, March 1 - 8:30am-12:30pm
Central Technology Center
Main Entrance (signs will be posted)
1720 South Main St 
Sapulpa, OK 74066

Fall 2018 Webinar Recording

View the webinar recording

Slides for Fall 2018 Trainings

OSDE Connect & Learn Initiative (OCLI)
OMES Open Range
FFL E-rate Update

For more information, contact Kurt Bernhardt, Executive Director of Education Technology, at kurt.bernhardt@sde.ok.gov or (405) 521-3364.

Last updated on February 15, 2019