Oklahoma child, adult care institutions announce participation in federally funded feeding program

OKLAHOMA CITY (Nov. 21, 2016) – Child and adult care institutions across the state are announcing their participation in the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), which provides meals to hundreds of thousands of Oklahomans each year. Click here to see the list of providers.

During the last program year – October 1, 2015, to September 30, 2016 – nearly 900,000 children and adults were served in Oklahoma through CACFP.

During that time frame, approximately 10.8 million breakfasts, 11.6 million lunches, 14.5 million snacks, and 1.7 million suppers were served through this program, which is funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and coordinated in Oklahoma by the Oklahoma State Department of Education (OSDE).

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its agencies, offices, employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD-3027), found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to USDA by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410, by fax at (202) 690-7442, or via email program.intake@usda.gov.

USDE is an equal opportunity provider.

Back to Top
Share This Page!
Last updated on November 21, 2016