The Oklahoma State Department of Education in partnership with Botball will provide grants up to $2,200 per school to facilitate recent start-up and existing Botball team opportunities. Click anywhere you see the word application to get to the grant application form.
Oklahoma public schools including charter schools
Grant funds may be used for:
- Botball Educational Robotics Program(Botball)
- Junior Botball Challenge Ages - Elementary
- Botball Ages- Middle School thru High School
Allowable uses of grant awards:
- Botball registration fees
- Junior Botball Challenge equipment
The number of grants awarded will depend upon the number and type of applications received. Applicants are eligible to apply for grants in the following amounts:
- Rookie Teams (1st year teams)
Botball – up to $2,200
- New Teams (2nd- thru 5th-year teams)
Botball - up to $1,500
- Veteran Teams (6 years plus)
Botball – up to $1,000
Junior Botball Challenge
Successful applications will address:
- A diverse socio-economic school environment that represents the percent of students receiving free and reduced lunch and includes race and gender as defining points.
- Increased student engagement in STEM education through Botball Robotics and the Global Conference on Educational Robotics
- Commitment to the development of student teams, recruitment of volunteer mentors, designing and building of remote-controlled robots.
- Participation in the Oklahoma Botball Regional Competitions. Information on competitions and registration can be found in the resources section of this application.
- Participation in Elementary Botball Challenge events
- Complete a grant application form for each team.
- Submit application(s), signed assurance, photo consent form to be completed at the tournament
- Grants will be evaluated by Botball partnership committee members.
- Grant awards will be announced by the Botball committee.
Links to follow for assistance with Botball
- Botball Registration information:
- First Botball Application Review: September 30, 2015
- Second Review: October 30, 2015
- Final Review: Thursday, December 31, 2015
- Completed applications DUE 5:00 p.m. Thursday, December 31, 2015
- Applications received AFTER Thursday, December 31, 2015 will not be considered
- All Junior Botball Challenge Grant Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis starting September 2, 2015 thru December 31, 2015
- ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY:
Questions regarding Botball programs, please contact:
Executive Director KISS Institute
Global Conference on Educational Robotics
|No limit-middle and high school aged
||No limit-middle and high school, undergraduate, graduate
| December 31, 2015
||Online and Onsite registration available
Oklahoma Regional Competitions
International Botball Tournament
(open to all teams)