Alternative Paths to Teacher Certification

The following are the alternative paths to obtaining a teacher certification in Oklahoma.


Alternative Placement Program
Provides an opportunity for individuals with non-teaching degrees to teach in Oklahoma accredited schools

CareerTech Instructor Certification
For individuals wishing to know more about teaching in the Oklahoma CareerTech system

Troops To Teachers
Troops to Teachers is a federally funded program designed to assist separated members of the US military with obtaining certification and employment as teachers.

Four-Year Olds and Younger Certificate
A path for Child Development Associates in Head Start programs to teach four-year-old and younger students in a public school

Oklahoma Title I Paraprofessional Teaching Credential (Teaching Assistant)
A path for individuals who are teaching assistants at Title I schools to acquire a teaching certificate


back button icon Back to Teacher Certification Paths

Back to Top
Last updated on June 2, 2016