21st CCLC Grantee Resources - Frequently Asked Questions

Contact Us

21st Century Community Learning Centers

2500 North Lincoln Boulevard, Suite 414
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

Phone: 405-522-6225  
Fax: 405-522-2269 


How do I see the comments on a returned budget or claim in the Grants Management System (GMS)? Remember to turn off your pop-up blockers.

Most often, if you cannot see the comments on a returned budget or claim, it is because your computer is set to block pop-up windows. For instructions on how to turn off your pop-up blocker, click on the browser you are using below: 

How do I upload files into the Grants Management System (GMS)?

The GMS allows you to upload between 3 and 5 MB (megabytes) in a single upload. You can upload multiple files in this size range.

If you are having trouble uploading more than just a couple of pages at a time:

  • Check the size of your files. You may be scanning them at too high of a resolution. Make sure the scanner resolution on your machine is not set to photo quality. Although we appreciate crystal clear uploads, they are not necessary. 
  • File names that have extra characters in them such as: # % * &  will not upload properly.

If you cannot get around uploading a multitude of files for your claim, be sure to name them appropriately.

It is best to name your files in corresponding order of your detailed expenditure report. Your file names should then correspond with either the PO or, in the case of multiple transactions on one PO, you can name your files according to the line description on the budget detail page. 

What kind of receipts do we need to keep as documentation during travel?

Documentation requirements depend on the method of reimbursement you are providing.

Per Diem:
We recommend reimbursing through a per diem. Documentation for reimbursement of a per diem is simply a copy of your organization or district's travel claim. The travel claim must include the name of the traveler and the time, date, and location of travel, in addition to the traveler's signature and organization approval must be included. Federal per diem rates can be found at www.gsa.gov/perdiem. 

School Credit Card:
A school credit card can be used to pay for group travel. On a school credit card you may pay for everyone who attends a training or conference who is part of the 21st CCLC program on one meal receipt.  The receipt MUST be itemized so we can see which menu items were purchased. No alcoholic beverages will be allowed. Shared taxis rental cars and parking costs can be placed on the school credit card.  

Credit card statements are NOT an acceptable form of documentation and each vendor must be itemized on your detailed expenditure report.

For example:
Credit Card Service/Joe's Cafe

  1. Credit Card Service/Mama's Greasy Spoon
  2. Credit Card Service/Cool Coffee Shop
  3. Credit Card Service/Quick Taxi Service
  4. Credit Card Service/Premium Parking

Individual Reimbursement Method:
We do not recommend this type of reimbursement, simply because of the detailed records that must be kept by the traveler.   Each individual must pay for ONLY his/herself.   All meal receipts MUST be itemized.  No alcoholic beverages will be allowed.  Individuals may share a taxi, rental car, or parking, but only the person who pays for it can claim reimbursement.

Additionally, the organization or district’s travel claim form MUST be submitted for reimbursement with travel and meal totals, dates, approvals and signatures.

Can 21st CCLC funds be used to reimburse for food?

Food may be purchased for instructional purposes, such as cooking classes, science experiments, art projects, etc. All food purchases for this purpose must be accompanied with a lesson plan showing how the food items were used and which Oklahoma Academic Standards are reinforced with the activity. For more clarification, review this memo from USDE.

Food for staff trainings, parent nights, and snacks or meals for students are not an allowable expense. Many programs, however, use parent nights as an opportunity to engage community partners such as a nearby locally owned restaurant, church, community organization, or PTA to provide food for parent nights. Snacks and meals for students may be paid for through the Federal Child Nutrition Program

Why does our budget or claim keep getting returned?

Budgets and claims are one way our office audits and monitors programs. If you are having a difficult time getting a budget or claim approved, please consider the following items:

  1. Are you reading the comments and making the required adjustments?
  2. Are you coding expenditures following OCAS definitions?
  3. Are you uploading the proper documentation?
  4. Are your expenditures afterschool-specific? These funds support out-of-school time activities only. Materials and activities in for this program should be different from those used in the regular school day. When in doubt, check the Oklahoma 21st CCLC Guidance or the Federal Guidance. You can also visit any of the links on our Afterschool Resources page.

How do I get signed up for the 21st CCLC Facebook page?

The 21st CCLC Facebook page is ONLY viewable and accessible for current 21st CCLC grantees. It is open to all staff and administrators involved in the current 21st CCLC programs. This is a portal to sharing information, resources, ideas, and fun photos. If you would like to get signed up for it, the process is as follows:

  1. Call 405-522-6225 or email Sonia Johnson with your:
    • Name (first & last)
    • The name of your 21st CCLC program 
    • Your position in the program
    • The email address you use to log into your Facebook page (for most people this will be a personal email address).
  2. Once Sonia has replied to you, check your personal email inbox (if you don't see it, be sure to check your junk mail)
    • Click the button to accept your invitation to the group
  3. You will then show up in the group as requesting to be approved.
    • We will click to approve you as a member of the group.
  4. Start sharing all the awesome stuff you're doing in your program!

Do I have to have a Facebook account already in order to be part of the 21st CCLC Facebook group?

A Facebook account is necessary to participate in the 21st CCLC closed group. If you don't want to set up a Facebook account, perhaps another staff member of your 21st CCLC program already has a Facebook account and they could be your Facebook person to participate in the group and share all the great resources with everyone in your program!

Return to Top of Page


back button icon  Back to 21st CCLC home

Back to Top
Share This Page!
Last updated on June 25, 2020